Procedure for getting Airtel 4G ready sim for iPhone 5s, 5c and other 4G enabled smartphones, USSD code for data check
LTE Abbreviation used for Long term evolution a step ahead of 3G. 4G services are launched by one and only career in India in few selected locations of India. Airtel took this initiative of making people aware about the latest possibilities of India matching the technological advancements with foreign countries like US, Canada, Dubai. Although the 4G services in those foreign countries is much more developed and versatile lets see the same if India gets it to spread in more states and cities in India. Currently airtel Is providing its 4G services in major cities of India which are Amritsar, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Hoshiarpur, Jalandhar, Kapurthala, Kolkata, Ludhiana, Mohali, Nagpur, Nasik, Panchkula, Patiala, Phagwara and Pune with their plans at very reasonable infact at a bargain. You get a 4G speed at 3G tariff, I feel like nothing more than this could be actually done by the telecommunication companies.
Procedure for getting a 4G ready sim. You do not have to do much of hastle to use 4G at your location.
1) Make sure to check that 4G is available in your location mentioned above. Your device should be compatible for using 4G and there are just limited devices in India for accessing LTE and amongst one is Iphone 5s and 5c which is recommended by airtel.
2) If you are new subscriber (existing airtel subscribers proceed to 4th point) get your 4G sim card ready by asking for new connection from airtel store giving them photo id proof, address proof and a passport size photo. The 4G sim’s are only issued by airtel stores and not any dealers outside the stores.
3) Submit necessary documents photo id proof, address proof and a photo after that pay the nominal fee of the conversion of normal sim to a new 4G ready sim card Rs50 (original cost 49 but they round up 1Re in their pocket)
4) Get a 4G recharge done or 4G plan activated if existing postpaid subscriber.
5) Wait for 4 hours for your 4G sim to get activated and insert your new sim and enable 4G from settings menu if using an Iphone 5c or 5s to enjoy 4G services by airtel.
CHECK 4G DATA BALANCE USING USSD CODE - *123*191#